Spirituality Caucus Statement of ValuesAs lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered (LGBT) people publicly declare that our existence is part of the natural fiber of every society. We have an inherent right to participate in the full spectrum of life's activities with dignity and pride, and to realize our full spiritual potential.
- We believe that every human being is imbued with an innate spirituality, which connects everyone to the whole of life, as well as to each other.
- We believe that healing the wounds of our spiritual and religious disenfranchisement is of utmost importance to LGBT individuals and communities. We further believe that such healing is intricately tied to our ability to achieve our highest potential, as well as to our attainment of full human dignity.
- We believe that sex and gender are divine gifts, intended to be celebrated, bring pleasure, and be shared. We affirm the need to reflect and integrate sexuality, spirituality, and our communal response to justice.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives, including social and political activism, are by their very nature spiritual. We encourage our communities to advocate for social justice and to work with allies to end repression of all people.
- We respect all spiritual paths and believe in the synergy of collaboration. We encourage individuals and organizations from divers spiritual traditions to work together towards the liberation of all people from religious, economic, and social oppression.
- We encourage LGBT communities to incorporate spirituality in the life of our movement
- We believe now is the time to pull spirituality "out of the closet."